Here are 5 of the 10 most frequently asked questions about the Ideal Protein Program.
1. How Long Does Ideal Protein Phase 1 Last?
This totally depends on your weight loss goals. Phase 1 is meant to be followed until you reach 100% of your weight loss goal. The Ideal Protein weight loss method treats weight issues at its source.
2. How Much Weight Do You Lose on Ideal Protein Phase 1?
Dieters on Phase 1 usually lose 6 to 8 pounds on average during the first 2 weeks and in the following days, at least 2 pounds per week (most lose 2 – 5) when the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Protocol is followed properly.
3. What Health Benefits Will I Experience Being on Ideal Protein Phase 1?
- Weight loss
- Increase insulin sensitivity
- Improve blood sugar control
- Reduce cholesterol
- May reduce heart disease risk factors
- Improve PCOS related issues
- Improve acne
- Improve the appearance of cellulite
4. What Side Effects Might I Experience During Phase 1?
Ideal Protein phase 1 restricts your usual calorie intake (especially carbohydrates). As a result, you may experience some of the following discomforts in the beginning days:
- Hunger (although you can eat unlimited vegetables)
- Headaches (due to reduced sugar intake)
- Bad breath or Keto breath
- Increased thirst
- Mild constipation
- Hair thinning/ hair loss
- Irregular menstrual cycle
5. Can I Workout During Phase 1?
- Yes. But keep it low-intensity. We rather encourage light exercise only after the first 2 weeks on the protocol.
- Ideal Protein is considered a low-calorie plan and Phase 1 is the stage where calorie intake is significantly reduced. Thus moderate to heavy exercise may lead to loss of lean muscle which contradicts the goal of the program.
- Exercises such as body movements, light stretching, and gentle yoga are excellent options to go with. You can also follow the fitness program available on the IdealSmart app.
- However, please keep a few things in mind when exercising:
- Do not get overly tired
- Supplements are a must!
- Keep well hydrated. You must increase your water intake if exercising.
- Phase 1 Alternative maybe an option (per Coach suggestion)