Dr. Kristy Clinton-Hodges
DC, DACBN, MS, IAMA, IFMCP
Dr. Clinton has been living and practicing in Austin since 2000 and has a dedication to learning the most current health information and techniques that allow her to better treat her patients. She takes it seriously that she has been entrusted to care for a patient and will educate the importance of chiropractic, proper nutrition and a healthy balance in your life to get and stay healthy. Health restoration through the most effective and individually designed treatment is her goal for your care. Dr. Clinton will identify the source of your complaint and use the most advanced treatment methods available to treat postural, athletic, traumatic or genetic conditions related to the nervous and musculoskeletal systems. She will also address any lifestyle, nutritional, or therapeutic exercise changes that may be necessary for you to reach your optimal health potential. She is focused and passionate about learning the latest methods and treatments to ensure you receive the best care and quickest results.
Dr. Clinton received her Doctor of Chiropractic from Parker College in 2000 from Dallas, Texas. While attending Parker Dr. Clinton received the prestigious Parker College Jim Parker Philosophical Award for her care and dedication to patients. She was also named “Most Likely to Make a Positive Impact on Chiropractic” by her colleagues. Immediately after Chiropractic College she began and still continues her studies in acupuncture, nutrition, functional medicine and natural drug free treatment of disease and illness. A natural holistic approach to your health is necessary to see how the whole body works together, only then can you begin to understand how to heal it.
A typical chiropractic visit to Dr. Clinton will include your health history, examination, addressing any nutritional needs and current state of your health via the nervous and musculoskeletal system. Corrections of spinal or extremity joint problems, notation of any arthritic or disc degenerative conditions in your spine and specific physiotherapy and exercise treatment plans designed to inform you on how to care for your spine throughout your lifetime. Many patients of Dr. Clinton will utilize a multi-discipline approach and take advantage of a balanced treatment plan that utilizes her knowledge of chiropractic, acupuncture and nutrition to achieve the best healing results possible.
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Parker College of Chiropractic
- Masters Degree in Human Nutrition from University of Bridgeport
- Acupuncture license from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFMCP) Certified Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Anatomy from Parker College of Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from the University of Oklahoma (concurrently with 4 years of undergraduate study in Clinical Nutrition)
- DACBN (Diplomate American Board Clinical Nutrition)
- Brimhall Certification (Treatment of the 6 Interferences to Health)
- Applied Clinical Nutrition License
- MSAS Professional Biomeridian Stress Testing
- Turner style Cranial Adjusting Levels 1-3
- Institute for Functional Medicine (Cardio-metabolic, Detox, Energy, Immune, GI, Hormone. Thyroid/Adrenal) Certification
- Firstline Therapy Lifestyle Coach/Educator
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs dedicated to health restoration, stress reduction, reversing disease risk factors, body fat reduction and weight loss