Dr. Tracie Schwab
Dr. Tracie Schwab has been practicing in Austin since 2002, prior to that, she practiced in Copperas Cove, TX near Fort Hood Military Base where she had the opportunity to care for many members of the military and their families. Dr. Schwab has extensive training in nutrition, sports injuries, chronic pain, extremity injuries, fibromyalgia, digestive/GI problems, disc issues, arthritic joints, radiating pain, neck injuries, and women’s health. She loves watching her patients live healthy active, and pain free lives through chiropractic care and nutrition. She will diligently look for the source of your health complaints and concerns and not just chase symptoms. Every symptom has a cause and it is necessary to address those to arrive at a place of optimal health. Dr. Schwab’s skills and education allow her to take an integrative approach when addressing each patient’s individual needs. She is known as a compassionate doctor and will take the time necessary to thoroughly assess your musculoskeletal, neurological and other health issues. She will perform or refer for necessary diagnostic tests, and make individualized treatment recommendations. She will also advise you on proper lifestyle health choices, recommend necessary treatment, rehabilitative exercises, exercise and work ergonomics, nutritional recommendations and supplementation.
Dr. Schwab is a graduate of Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas where she also received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Anatomy. Dr. Schwab’s undergraduate education was completed at Fort Hays State University in Kansas. While Attending Fort Hays State, she participated in the University’s Sport’s Medicine program where study was focused on athletic injuries and rehabilitation, health and human performance, exercise physiology and nutrition. Dr. Schwab believes in staying current on the latest technology and wellness techniques available, and attends several conferences each year educating herself on the most recent information, testing, and treatments available. Dr. Schwab and her husband Steve with their two children call Austin home. They enjoy spending time as a family, outdoor activities, exercise, books, pets, and friends. Dr. Schwab cares for patients of all ages ranging from newborns to the elderly. She enjoys educating her patients on the healthful benefits of chiropractic care and nutrition and the numerous other aspects of maintaining a healthy, energetic, and active lifestyle. She loves helping others achieve optimum wellness!
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Parker College of Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Science in Anatomy from Parker College of Chiropractic
- Acupuncture from The International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Fort Hays State University- Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training, and Nutrition
- CCSP (Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician) Program in Dallas, Texas
- Applied Clinical Nutrition License
- MSAS (Meridian Stress Assessment)Professional Biomeridian Testing
- Brimhall Certification (Treatment of the 6 interferences to Health)
- Firstline Therapy Lifestyle Coach/Educator
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs dedicated to health restoration, stress reduction, reversing disease risk factors, body fat reduction and weight loss