I think of November as a ‘transitioning’ month in skin care. Why? Simply because in the Central Texas area we gradually move from a warmer climate to a cooler dryer climate.
When the seasons change so does your skin.
In humid months the skin stays more hydrated, but as we move into a dryer climate with cooler temperatures the moisture can become depleted showing signs of flakiness, dehydration and eventually sensitivity.
Some things that can cause these symptoms are:
- Cleansers that strip the skin
- Over exfoliation
- Buff puffs
- Drying alcohols in toners
SOLUTION: Osmosis Pur Medical Skincare Products
- Cleanse – A gentle cleanser free of sodium lauryl sulfate; instead Osmosis uses soothing natural kiwi and kumquat derivatives to purify the skin. Results are refreshed, hydrated and radiant skin.
- Quench – An intense moisturizer containing high amounts of hyaluronic acid, organic shea butter and jojoba seed oil to provide various lipids that restore the epidermal barrier.
- Shade or Protect – Sunscreen that is broad spectrum and hydrating. Sunscreen is essential year round.
Following this simple regimen will alleviate any irritating symptoms during the fall and winter months.
If you’re unsure about your skin type or have other skin issues, schedule a FREE 30 minute consultation.
Here’s to your happiness and well being!
Linda Jenkins, Esthetician